2021 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo
When: September 28, 2021 - September 29, 2021
Where: Norris Conference Center City Centre, Houston, Texas
Lifting Offshore to New Heights by Reducing Lifting Incidents
The U.S. offshore oil and natural gas industry, in collaboration with its regulatory agencies, invites you to attend the 2021 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo, September 28-29, 2021 in Houston, Texas.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the latest in offshore developments while sharing experiences, practices, and even information on real-life incidents.
- Center for Offshore Safety
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- National Ocean Industries Association
- Offshore Operators Committee
Industry experts, including representatives from the BSEE and Coast Guard, will share their insights in the following sessions.
Past Conference sessions included:
- BSEE/USCG Leadership Opening Remarks
- Update on Lifting Data (2017 & 2018)
- Update on API Standards API Spec 2C Offshore Pedestal-mounted Cranes 8th Edition, Update on New Crane Spec & API 2CCU Update on Cargo Container Units
- Why Below Hook Standards are Important in Marine Lifting
- Construction Vessel & Subsea Lifting
- Embedded Object Liberation
- Subsea Lifting
- Corrosion Issues with Steel and Crane Components & How to Deal with It
- Strain Aging in High Tensile Wire Rope
- Corrosion and Derating of Cranes - Contractor Perspective
- Corrosion and Derating of Cranes - Operator Perspective
- IOGP JIP 33 Initiative (What Is It & Does It Affect My Cranes?)
- Crane Operator / Rigger Training & Competency
- API 2D-2 Update on Training Document
- Using Virtual Reality Safety Simulators to Train like a Navy SEAL
- Hybrid Training
- Use of High Performance Fiber Ropes on Cranes Versus Traditional Wire Rope
- Fiber Cables and Pendant Lines
- New Technologies in the Design of Sheaves, Hoists, Monorails etc.
- Flexi Jib
- Predictive Based Monitoring, Inspection & Maintenance of Cranes
- Use of Thermal Imaging for the Inspection of Cranes
- DROPS Events Rate Reduction in Petrobras Offshore Drilling Units
- Bolt Inspection
- Technology Advances in Crane Safety & How they Can Benefit Me
- Technological Advances in Load Monitoring Systems
- Continuous Rope Monitoring Systems (CRMS) for High-Value Offshore Ropes: Retirement-for-Cause and Predictive Maintenance
- Absolute Crane Position and Data Acquisition Innovations for Offshore Cranes
- Ship-to-Ship Motion Measurement System (Relative Motion Radar Technology for Boom Tip Cameras)
- Regulator Panel
Purchase your Sponsorship or Exhibit Booth
Pay online or request an invoice
Additional exhibitor staff registration
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, Wednesday, September 22nd. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link only once you have registered as a Sponsor or Exhibitor (see 2021 Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus above). The additional exhibitor registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. API will request proof (i.e. business card) of direct employment and ID at the conference registration desk. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions, exhibit area, and receptions.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|September 28, 2021|
|7:00 am - 6:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:00 am - 6:30 pm||Expo Open|
|September 29, 2021|
|7:30 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:15 am - 3:40 pm||Expo Open|
|3:40 pm - 5:00 pm||Exhibitor Tear-Down|
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Caesars Palace public areas is strictly prohibited
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours.
Please send the following information to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 25th:
- Company description (not more than 5 sentences), including company contact information and URL. Contact information should include (at minimum) City/Phone/Email/URL.
- Company logo for enlargement on sponsor sign. Logo must be high resolution 300 dpi or greater EPS, TIF, or JPG. No Bitmap, GIF or PNG files.
- Promotional one-page marketing flyer/ad no larger than 8.5" x 11" for insertion in the conference bag. Please mail 300 copies to the hotel by Saturday, September 21st (Attention: SPONSOR- API). Conference bags will be assembled on Monday.
|Conference Bag with Logo + Booth||$7,500||Available|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo + Booth||$5,000||Available|
|September 28: Continental Breakfast||SOLD||Oil States Industries
|September 28: Luncheon||SOLD||Shell Midstream Partners, L.P.|
|September 28: Opening Reception||$5,000||Available|
|September 29: Continental Breakfast||$4,000||Available|
|September 29: Luncheon||$5,000||Available
|September 29: Closing Reception||$4,000||Available|
API is holding the 2021 Conference at the Norris Conference Center CityCentre, located at 816 Town and Country Blvd, Houston, TX 77024.
The Norris Conference Centre recommends the following hotels:
The Moran Hotel CityCentre
(connected to Norris Conference Center via skybridge)
800 Sorella Court, Houston 77024
Sonesta Simply Suites Houston CityCentre
(6 minute walk to Norris Conference Center)
10503 Town and Country Way, Houston, TX 77024
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
(10 minute walk to Norris Conference Center. New hotel.)
10500 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77043