Presented by TIEC
In two information-packed days you'll get an overview of the requirements of API Spec Q1, what makes it so valuable, and why you need to know about these essential elements of the program. Based on API Specification Q1, Specification for Quality Programs for the Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industry, the course takes an informative look at the requirements, interpretations, and practical applications of the quality management principles used throughout the oil and natural gas industry. API Spec Q1 Training is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the oil and natural gas industry's quality assurance requirements.
The course provides an overview of to ISO 9001:2008 and compares and contrasts to ISO 9001:2008 to API Spec Q1, providing a unique insight into the application of both standards. The API Spec Q1 Training Course offers newcomers and those familiar with API Spec Q1 timely information.
Who Should Attend:
- A Brief History of API and Standardization
- Introduction to API Spec Q1 8th Edition
- The Process Approach to Quality Management
- Management Responsibilities
- Product Realization
- Customer-related Processes
- Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
- API Monogram Requirements
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
To order API publications, please visit the Publications section of the API website.
About the Instructor
For More Information
This two-day course is presented by Mr. Ed Durante, an engineering professional with over 35 years of experience in project management, engineering, quality assurance, training, and auditing. He has worked for over 25 years with API’s Standardization Committees, serving as a member of the API Committee on Quality, Chairman of the API Subcommittee on Auditor Training and Qualification, and Chairman of the API and ISO Workgroup; he is also an API Lead Auditor. Mr. Durante is the instructor and author of the API Specification Q1 Training Program presented on behalf of API worldwide. He is currently the president of TIEC, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in quality management (ISO and API), management system improvement, and auditing.
Contact Kelli Knapp, Training Center Manager