Presented by Qualified Specialists International, LLC
This three-day intensive training course will be presented by a RABQSA Skill Examiner. During the course, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to audit an API Spec. Q1 Quality Management System, at the same time enhancing your knowledge and skills through an interactive and practical approach to auditing. The course offers a hands-on approach that enables you to better understand the purpose and viewpoint of a second or third party auditor and how to communicate with them.
- An understanding of ISO 19001
- An understanding of process auditing and management system interfaces
- The difference between auditing and consulting
- The difference between an audit schedule and an audit plan
- How to managing an audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Audit program objectives extent, and implementation
- Single auditor vs. audit teams
- Auditing and interviewing techniques
- Objective evidence and how to record it
- Auditor behavior, audit traps, and what not to say
- Performing and preparing the audit
- Auditing processes that require validation (special processes)
- Documenting audit nonconformances (concerns and observations)
- Approving and distributing the audit report
- Conducting audit follow-up and corrective action effectiveness
- Logging your audits
- Attaining professional certification(s)
Who Should Attend:
- Auditors of a company's quality management system (QMS)
- Management representatives and quality managers of companies undergoing a third-party audit
- Individuals pursuing RABQSA QMS auditor certification
- Must have at least 2 years experience in auditing Quality Management
- Must have at least 5 years of working knowledge of ISO 9001, or API Spec Q1, or similar QMS standards
Dates and Locations
Please visit our API-U Calendar for all upcoming courses.
To order API publications, please visit the Publications section of the API website.
About the Instructor
Bud Weightman is the presenter of this course. Bud has over 38 years of experience in quality management and regulatory compliance in a variety of industries, including nuclear, defense, and oil and gas. Bud has served exclusively in the oil and gas industry since 1986 and:
- Is actively involved with API consensus activities.
- Assessess and implements API Monogram Program licensing requirements and API Spec. Q1 quality management systems in over 28 countries.
More information about Bud Weightman's experience can be found at:
For More Information
Contact Danielle West