API Represents America's Oil and Natural Gas Industry
As the primary trade association of the oil and natural gas industry, API represents over 600 members involved in all aspects of petroleum. Our association draws on the experience and expertise of our members and staff to support a strong and viable oil and natural gas industry.
- Our work is member-driven. We offer companies large and small the opportunity to participate in shaping API programs and policy priorities.
- We are a major research institute. API is committed to using the best available scientific, economic and legal analysis to guide and support our policy positions.
- We give our industry a unified voice. API's expert staff participate actively in key policy-making forums, facilitating dialogue and producing effective solutions on issues important to all Americans.
- Our organization is tailored to serve our members. API membership is divided by industry segments so companies can have direct input on the specific issues most important to them.
- The oil and natural gas industry shares a keen interest in the policy issues arena. We are actively engaged with government leaders to ensure informed decision-making so the energy needs of tomorrow are met. More...
Links to web sites, where available, of companies that are corporate members of API can be found here.
API, based in Washington, DC, also has offices in 21 state capitals. Click here to view our State Petroleum Councils.
Apply for Membership
Benefits of Membership
FAQ list for Membership