API Specification Q1 9th Ed. Fundamentals Training- Presented by Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC
When: February 05, 2018 - February 07, 2018
Where: Kingwood, Texas
Presented by Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC.
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. The API Spec. Q1, 9th Edition Training Course is a 2.5 day course that frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the 9th Edition requirements.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q1’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q1’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
This course is ideal for both newcomers and those already familiar with working under Spec. Q1 requirements. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API and overview of the API Monogram Program
- Catalysts necessitating changes to the 9th Edition
- Q1's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- Product specifications
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Design input
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
- Annex A
Who Should Attend:
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
About the Instructor:
Bill Aston has been the Managing Director of Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC since 2004. He has more than 40 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, which includes all phases of QA, QC and quality managements related to pipelines, manufacturing and fabrication, major capital projects, plant operations inspection, new construction and facilities expansion projects. Bill is certified by ASQ as a QMS Certified Quality Auditor and Exemplar Global (RABQSA) as a past Lead Auditor and current Principal Auditor, He has conducted QMS and supplier quality audits throughout the USA, Canada, Argentina, and the Middle East. He has assisted companies with obtaining certifications for ISO 9001 and API Q1 as well as various API product licenses. Bill has been published in ASQ’s Quality Progress Magazines on numerous occasions since 2012. He has served as a subject matter expert for ASQ's Ask the Experts program since 2008. Bill is a member of API Quality Subcommittee 18 and is a voting member of US TAG to ISO TC 176, ISO TC 176 and an Interpretation Committee member.
For More Information:
Please email email@example.com.