API 19B Perforator Witness Program
Manufacturers have been performing perforator tests, reporting results to API and advertising the results in marketing publications for years. This program provides the manufacturers a new venue to advertise test results in a more objective medium.
API RP 19B, Recommended Practices for Evaluation of Well Perforators, introduces test targets that allow for more accurate test results and will make the results easier to reproduce. In conjunction with API RP 19B, API is offers a Perforator Witnessing Program. By participating in this program, perforator manufacturers will be able to provide evidence of test data, which will lend more credibility to the test results. API will provide approved witnesses to perforator system manufacturers and post the design test results on the API web site for easy accessibility.
19B Application Process
To apply for the program, please fill out the API Perforator Design Registration Program Application form under Applications and Forms.
Once the application has been completed, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at which point an application invoice will be mailed to you. The application will be processed once the invoice payment has been received and processed. Companies applying for the program for the first time should allow for at least 60 days between submitting the new application and scheduling your initial witness visit.
19B Witness Scheduling
To request that an API Perforator Witness be present for your API RP 19B test, parts 4 and 5 of the API Perforator Design Registration Program Application must be completed and submitted to email@example.com. Please alert API of the need for a witness at least 45 days in advance of the test to ensure availability of a witness. For existing program participants, the API Perforator Witness Fee will included in the invoice along with witness time and expense costs after the tests have been completed and the signed witness report and associated data sheets have been submitted to API.
For more information:
Applications & Forms for the API 19B Section 1 Perforator Witnessing Program
- API 19B Section 1 Perforator Witnessing & Design Registration Application
- API 19B Section 1 Data Sheet
- API 19B Section 1 Data Sheet, Mixed Charges 1
- API 19B Section 1 Data Sheet, Mixed Charges 2
- API 19B Section 1 Data Sheet, Dual String
- API 19B Section 1 Witness Report
- API 19B Section 1 Witness Instructions
API Advisories & Updates
- Advisory #7: Code of Conduct for API Monogram Licensees, APIQR Certified Organizations and Program Applicants, April 13, 2016 Mandarin (中文)
- Advisory #10: Invoicing and Payment Terms for API Invoices, December 19, 2017
- API Ethics Policy: Important Information for Auditee & Witnessed Organizations, July 28, 2015