API Permission requirements are outlined as follows:
All permission requests must be submitted to API either through the online form provided or in writing; no phone requests permitted.
Permission requests may take up to 30 days to process. If you are working with a specific deadline, please highlight that in your request, and API will attempt to meet your needs. Please indicate whether the final use of material will be for non-profit/for-profit use (see Permissions Form).
For those wishing to translate materials or license API materials for course work or training purposes, please contact Lakshmy Mahon at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information is needed before a permission request can be processed:
- Which specific figures/tables/text used from which specific API publication.
- Explain for what purpose the figures/tables/text will be used.
- Explain who will have access to the final reproductions (i.e. internal employees, consumers, contractors, trainees, etc.).
- Indicate if there will be a price on the final reproductions.
- Provide API with approximate number of final reproductions.
Once the API has received this information from your company, we will be able to determine whether or not permission will be granted. API will also be able to determine the permission fee amount that will be implemented. Permissions fees or other charges will vary depending on use, number of reproductions, and other factors.
The following are reasons API Permission will not be granted:
- Before an API work is published
- For endorsement purposes, implied or otherwise, of products or services, or to use API content as part of an advertisement or advertising supplement
- When using selections of any API document or the full text of any API document on other web sites or in print.