Video: FracFocus.org and the Shale Energy Revolution
Posted May 25, 2012
We extended first-anniversary greetings to FracFocus.org last month, but it bears repeating as the folks at the Groundwater Protection Council and Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) have produced a new video on the chemical disclosure registry:
Growth of the online registry during its first year was remarkable, with 15,000 wells included in the data base. IOGCC Executive Director Mike Smith from the video:
“It gives educational information about the process, allowing the landowner or interested party to log on and take a look at the well site near his home or anywhere across America for that matter.”
There’s no shale energy revolution without hydraulic fracturing, and FracFocus is integral to maintaining public confidence in that process – to keep that revolution going, in Year 2 and beyond.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Europe, California and Natural Gas’ Role in Future Energy Mix
- The Environmental Partnership's Arc of Progress
- Digging Into the Administration's Lease Sale Announcement
- Updated Cybersecurity Standard Helps Protect Infrastructure
- Afghanistan, Uncertainty and Ensuring U.S. Energy Security
- Sorry, America: OPEC+ Oil Rebuff Keeps Focus on Flawed White House Energy Policies