Making the Most of the U.S. Energy Revolution
Posted March 13, 2015
Exxon’s Tillerson: U.S. Should Harness its Energy Abundance
UPI – U.S. policymakers are called on to adopt the energy policies necessary to take advantage of the new era of abundance, the chairman of Exxon Mobil said.
Some energy companies with a focus on exploration and production are advocating for a repeal of a ban on the export of some domestically-produced crude oil. The ban was enacted in the 1970s in response to an export embargo from Arab members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Exxon Chief Executive Officer Rex Tillerson led the drive, telling an audience at The Economic Club in Washington D.C. current policies are out of step with the energy landscape in the shale era.
"It is time to build policies that reflect our newfound abundance, that view the future with optimism, that recognize the power of free markets to drive innovation, and that proceed with the conviction that free trade brings prosperity and progress," he said in a Thursday address.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1Cd2xLC
Other industry news:
- Opinion: Without Energy Revolution, Job Growth Would Drag: http://bit.ly/18Hn8vp
- CEOs Press Obama Administration to Lift Export Ban: http://bloom.bg/1FjbbsJ
- Staying Power for Shale Gas: http://bit.ly/1GNmv25
- Governor’s Tax Proposal Will Drive Shale Drillers Out of Ohio – Industry Veteran: http://bit.ly/1AkugoN
- Carbon Emissions Stop Growing Globally: http://bit.ly/1AkuIDH
- EIA: Oil Price Decline Leads to Lower Tax Revenues in Top Oil-Producing States: http://1.usa.gov/1F9Epdi
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Sommers: Industry Providing Leadership on America’s Key Challenges
- Responding to the Colonial Cyber Attack – and Industry’s Continuing Focus on Security
- IOSC 2021 – Working Together for Safety, Success, Sustainability
- Infrastructure Pivotal for Vital U.S.-Canada Energy Relationship
- World Bank: U.S. Leads in Global Flaring Reduction
- Using CCUS and Other Technologies to Reduce GHG Emissions
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter