Energy – To Change the World
Posted March 16, 2015
Colorado, North American Oil Output is Changing Worldwide Balance of Power
Denver Business Journal: The boom in oil and natural gas production in North America, largely due to the new technologies of horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, is changing the balance of power across the world, former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice told attendees at the Vail Global Energy Forum.
Rice opened a two-day forum, which continues through Sunday, with remarks on Friday evening at the Beaver Creek Ski Resort in Vail. The forum, now in its third year, is growing. Nearly 400 people registered for the 2015 event, a 20 percent increase over the previous year, organizers said.
Rice said the energy picture for the United States, North America and the world is far different in 2015 than it was when she was in office.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1AxaBCc
Other industry news:
- Op-ed: Fossil Fuels Will Save the World (Really): http://on.wsj.com/1x8ggDd
- Chevron’s Massive Big Foot Platform Heads to Gulf of Mexico: http://bit.ly/1EWf9c3
- Natural Gas Pipeline Expected to Generate $1.6 Billion in Economic Impact: http://bit.ly/1EWgnnA
- Arkansas Officials See Cost in Ozone Rule Bid: http://bit.ly/1GeQgW8
- Va. Marine Institute Underwater Robot Would Assist in Spill Cleanup: http://bit.ly/1EWgMGu
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and four grandchildren.
- Here’s How to Devastate U.S. Energy and the World Economy: Ban Fracking
- Senate Bipartisan Climate Caucus a Promising Addition to U.S. Conversation
- Natural Gas Exports Ban Makes Little Sense for Environment
- Natural Gas, Oil and Reinvestment in America
- Here’s How to Devastate U.S. Energy, Economy: Ban Fracking
- Offshore Energy’s Fair Share
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter