The RFS, Arctic Drilling and LNG Exports
Posted June 17, 2015
GOP Bill Would Repeal Federal Ethanol Mandate
The Hill – A new Republican bill introduced Tuesday would completely repeal the federal mandate to blend ethanol into the nation’s gasoline supply.
Sen. Bill Cassidy’s (R-La.) legislation would completely do away with the renewable fuel standard, which first took effect in 2005 and now requires increasing levels of ethanol and biodiesel to be put into traditional fossil fuels.
The mandate invites frequent criticism from Republicans, the oil industry and sectors that complain the demand it creates for corn ethanol increases agricultural prices.
“Workers, refiners, producers, farmers and ranchers across the country are affected by the renewable fuel standard,” Cassidy said in a statement. “More mandates mean less jobs. It means families are paying more for gas and groceries.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/1d1v3po
More industry news:
- BSEE – No ‘Showstoppers’ Yet for Shell’s Arctic Drilling Plans: http://bit.ly/1LfFPY1
- Federal Court Refuses to Block Cove Point LNG Export Facility: http://bsun.md/1Gg6k8a
- Mud – The World’s Next Power Source? http://cnb.cx/1FmMp6X
- Halliburton Introduces Dissolvable Fracking Plug: http://bit.ly/1GZdYKK
- EIA – Annual Conference Presentations: http://1.usa.gov/1LitvmR
- “America’s Energy” – Mass. Firm Protects Environment, Energy Development: http://bit.ly/1IPqU3n
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and four grandchildren.
- Foster Progress on Water Reuse and Recycle
- Additional Energy Tariffs Could Harm U.S., Consumers
- Expected RFS Tweaks Likely Will Make Flawed Program Worse
- Strengthening EPA Emissions Standards
- Trade Tit-For-Tat Impacts U.S. Energy, Consumers
- Natural Gas, Lower Methane Emissions and Rising Opportunity
- renewable fuel standard
- lng exports
- hydraulic fracturing
- energy information administration
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter