The RFS, Arctic Drilling and LNG Exports
Posted June 17, 2015
GOP Bill Would Repeal Federal Ethanol Mandate
The Hill – A new Republican bill introduced Tuesday would completely repeal the federal mandate to blend ethanol into the nation’s gasoline supply.
Sen. Bill Cassidy’s (R-La.) legislation would completely do away with the renewable fuel standard, which first took effect in 2005 and now requires increasing levels of ethanol and biodiesel to be put into traditional fossil fuels.
The mandate invites frequent criticism from Republicans, the oil industry and sectors that complain the demand it creates for corn ethanol increases agricultural prices.
“Workers, refiners, producers, farmers and ranchers across the country are affected by the renewable fuel standard,” Cassidy said in a statement. “More mandates mean less jobs. It means families are paying more for gas and groceries.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/1d1v3po
More industry news:
- BSEE – No ‘Showstoppers’ Yet for Shell’s Arctic Drilling Plans: http://bit.ly/1LfFPY1
- Federal Court Refuses to Block Cove Point LNG Export Facility: http://bsun.md/1Gg6k8a
- Mud – The World’s Next Power Source? http://cnb.cx/1FmMp6X
- Halliburton Introduces Dissolvable Fracking Plug: http://bit.ly/1GZdYKK
- EIA – Annual Conference Presentations: http://1.usa.gov/1LitvmR
- “America’s Energy” – Mass. Firm Protects Environment, Energy Development: http://bit.ly/1IPqU3n
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity