API is committed to providing its members the tools and resources to support their API Energy Excellence journey. From sharing good practices to mentoring between companies, we are united in our shared values of safety and environmental progress and committed as an industry to the cooperation across the API membership that it requires.
Resources to assist companies in this endeavor include:
- API’s Implementation Analysis Tool provides a means to evaluate the maturity of a company’s internal practices against the API Energy Excellence framework by analyzing implementation of the 13 core elements and considering operations by segment.
- The Primary Segment Mapping Document identifies API Standards/Programs that satisfy each element, on a segment basis.
- This previously recorded overview webinar for API Members provides a review of the framework including program elements, membership expectations, implementation timeline, and a Q&A.
- API Standards - API develops and maintains more than 700 standards that are used globally by natural gas and oil operators for equipment, materials, and processes in all natural gas and oil sector segments.
- The Center for Offshore Safety promotes continuous safety improvement for offshore drilling, completions and operations through effective leadership, communication, teamwork, disciplined management systems and independent third-party auditing and certification.
- The Pipeline Safety Management System Assessment Program proactively supports industry adoption and commitment to API Recommended Practice 1173 and implementation of pipeline safety management systems.
- The Process Safety Site Assessment Program (PSSAP®) focuses on higher risk activities in refining and petrochemical facilities and promotes step changes in process safety performance industry wide.
- API Specification Q1 is an industry-leading quality management standard (QMS) for product manufacturers and is specifically geared toward the nuances of the oil and gas industry.
- API Specification Q2 is the first international QMS standard for service exploration and production service providers servicing the oil and gas industry. The industry-written specification applies to critical activities such as well construction, intervention, production, abandonment, well servicing, equipment repair and maintenance, and inspection activities.
- Pipeline Safety Management System is a framework for Pipeline Safety Management Systems (Pipeline SMS) designed specifically for pipeline operators to improve the safety culture essential to achieving maximum safety performance.
Questions regarding API Energy Excellence can be directed to email@example.com.