SkillsReady by API
SkillsReady by API curriculum provides foundational industry knowledge combined with skills-based training to prepare participants for entry-level operational jobs in the energy sector. The program provides an overview of the natural gas and oil supply chain inclusive of hydrocarbon basics, segment operations and an understanding of basic facility operations. Courses cover safety procedures and concepts, critical equipment utilized at facilities and general operational processes that are applicable to all industry segments. Graduates are uniquely positioned to apply for rotational programs and entry-level positions at major natural gas and oil organizations.
Program Participant Testimonials
Hear from some of our participants...
I joined SkillsReady by API to introduce myself to new opportunities and take a chance on a career I never considered working for. I am enjoying the experiences with new people and new equipment.”
I was recommended to SkillsReady [by API] by my high school’s College Director. I chose to join SkillsReady [by API] because an opportunity like this couldn’t be passed up. So far, the best part of [the program] is [the] equal mix of not only online but hands-on learning as well.”
- Curriculum designed and supported by leading energy companies including Chevron, ExxonMobil, Hess, Fluor Corporation and Parker Wellbore
- Instruction from experts in energy operations and access to leaders from global energy companies
- Career readiness skill development including professional communication, technical writing, resume building, interviewing and networking
- Industry-recognized API Certificate of Completion endorsing participants’ knowledge of natural gas and oil operations
Delivery Method: The curriculum includes both online (e-learning modules) and live lectures (held in person at San Jacinto Community College, Pasadena, TX).
Prerequisites: High School Degree or GED
Course fee: Free for accepted applicants
- Learn about the array of jobs that make up the oil and gas industry
- SkillsReady by API Featured in Industry News Publications
- Blog from API’s Vice President of Product Management Discussing the Success of SkillsReady by API
- Quality Matters Podcast hosted by Texas Quality Assurance
- Preparing Youth for a Career in Oil and Gas with Sean Thomas, Senior Manager of Training and Development at API
- Power to Empower: Watch a short video on API’s additional workforce development initiatives