API 6A Training
Establishing a logical and organized course structure is an important strategy that supports learners with completing the course and helps to eliminate frustration and confusion. By dividing content into logical and manageable pieces, a content hierarchy has been established that gives the learner a mental framework on which to build.
The API 6A course structure consists of a menu of modules that can be customized to meet your company learning needs. These modules include:
- Application and performance
- General requirements for Purchasing components and/or services according to API 6A (Annex B Purchasing Guideline)
- Quality Requirements for Design of API 6A Equipment – General
- Quality Requirements for Material – General
- Quality Control Requirements – General
- Quality Requirements for Material of Body, Bonnets, and Outlet connectors and their Quality Control Requirements
- Quality Requirements for Material for Other Components and Equipment: Stems, Valve Bore Sealing Mechanism and Choke trim; Assembled equipment and their Quality Control Requirements
- Quality Requirements for Material for Ring Gasket, Non integral metals seals and Nonmetallic seals and their Quality Control Requirements
- Quality Requirements Mandrel type and slip type Hangers and back pressure valve
- Quality Requirements for Bolting Material and their Quality control requirements
Choose from a roster of global in-person and live, virtual training options. To view a list of training providers in your region and to get more information, visit the API-U Course Catalog.
API is an International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) Accredited Provider. Participants in these training courses earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that can be applied towards certifications, licensures or academic credit.