API Specification Q1 9th Ed. Fundamentals Training - Presented by AxiomLogics, Inc.
When: January 13, 2020 - January 15, 2020
Where: Houston, TX
Presented by AxiomLogics, Inc.
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. The API Spec. Q1, 9th Edition Training Course is a 2.5 day course that frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the 9th Edition requirements.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q1’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q1’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
This course is ideal for both newcomers and those already familiar with working under Spec. Q1 requirements. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API and overview of the API Monogram Program
- Catalysts necessitating changes to the 9th Edition
- Q1's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- Product specifications
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Design input
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
- Annex A
Who Should Attend:
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
About the Instructor:
Balu Muniyappa is an API-U Approved Trainer for API Q1, Q2 and Auditor Series courses. He provided end-to-end consultancy and training for Operators and Service companies in several countries including, Indonesia, Malaysia, UK, Qatar, Azerbaijan, Canada, India and USA.
Mr. Muniyappa is a member of several API Task Groups. He holds MBA and MS(Mechanical Engineering) degrees from universities in USA and Bachelor of Engineering from a university in India. He is a Lead Auditor (ASQ and Exemplar Global) and Six Sigma Black Belt. He was awarded couple of Global Patents for inventions.
For More Information: