API Specification Q1 9th Ed. Fundamentals Training - Presented by AxiomLogics, Inc.
When: October 11, 2021 - October 13, 2021
Where: Dubai, UAE or Virtual Live Training (UTC+4)
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. The API Spec. Q1, 9th Edition Training Course is a 2.5 day course that frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the 9th Edition requirements.
About the Instructor:
Balu Muniyappa is the founder of AxiomLogics, Inc. He has over 25 year of industry experience in Quality, Manufacturing, and Reliability. Mr. Muniyappa is API-U Approved Trainer for API Q1, Q2 and Auditor Series courses. He has provided end-to-end consultancy and training for Operators and Service companies globally. Mr. Muniyappa is a member of several API Task Groups. He holds MBA and MS (Mechanical Engineering) degrees from universities in USA. He is a Certified Lead Auditor (ASQ and Exemplar Global) and Six Sigma Black Belt. He holds US and Global Patents for his inventions in the area of Quality and Reliability.
Balasai Sabarinath is an accomplished professional with Bachelor of Engineering and MBA in Quality Management. Mr. Sabarinath is an IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Qualified Inspector in NDT (several methods), Welding, Painting & Coating. He has managed quality organization for API Monogramed organizations and has helped several organizations achieve API certifications and API Monogram Licenses (including API 5L, 5CT, 6D, 7-1, 7-2, 7K, 16A, 16C & 16D).
All Course Inquiries Please Contact:
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q1’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q1’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
This course is ideal for both newcomers and those already familiar with working under Spec. Q1 requirements. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API and overview of the API Monogram Program
- Catalysts necessitating changes to the 9th Edition
- Q1's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- Product specifications
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Design input
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
- Annex A
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe Importance of API Spec Q1 to oil and gas industry
- Understand the Legal Requirements of Q1
- Identify Quality Management System Requirements
- Apply Planning requirements for Product Realization (5.1 – 5.3)
- Understand Design and Development within quality management systems
- Analyze and Create Contingency Planning
- Identify QMS Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
Who Should Attend:
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
CEUs and Certificates:
This course is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Participants meeting the requirements of the course will be awarded the following:
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the practical exam.