Oil Company Earnings Lag Behind Dow Jones Industrial Average
Jane Van Ryan
Posted August 3, 2009
Second quarter 2009 earnings reports clearly show the recession's impact on the energy sector.
With 14 large oil and natural gas companies reporting their 2Q earnings so far, the industry's earnings amount to an average of 4.4 cents per dollar of sales. In comparison, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) companies achieved 9.3 cents per dollar in the second quarter with 23 of the 30 companies reporting.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter