The Benefits, Stability of American Energy
Posted October 9, 2013
Fracking the U.S. Trade Deficit
Christian Science Monitor: The US is slowly chipping away at its trade deficit, which should create more jobs, more economic growth, less unemployment, and a smaller federal deficit.
And the boom in domestic energy production is a key factor behind that narrowing trade deficit Over the past decade, oil and gas production has surged at vast shale formations in Texas, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere across the US. That has led to a rise in exports of petroleum products and a reduction in the amount of oil and gas the US imports from abroad.
It's one benefit of the domestic hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling revolution that has stirred passion on all sides of the debate over America's energy future.
Read more: http://bit.ly/17XiSnK
More industry news:
- Column: Fracking – Environmentally Safe and Economically Stimulating: http://bit.ly/19hSxQ2
- Gov. Brown Supports Fracking in California: http://bit.ly/19kOl3F
- Carroll: The Shameless Use of Colorado’s Floods to Attack Oil and Natural Gas Drilling: http://bit.ly/1gqVJhd
- Transformation in the Bakken, photos: http://bit.ly/1fjxPFB
- Energy Analyst: Keystone Brings Stability to Oil Production: http://bit.ly/19kQgVZ
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter