Oil Spill: Something to Ponder...
Jane Van Ryan
Posted June 28, 2010
One of my colleagues snapped a photo of this sign at a BP service station this weekend.
At a time when Americans are angry and want to make a point, this sign reminds everyone that the BP boycott can have unintended consequences.
Although protesters aim their vitriol at BP, they actually can hurt members of their own communities--the independent businessmen and women who own and operate BP-branded service stations under franchise agreements. These businesspeople provide jobs, pay their taxes and provide essential services.
Read more information about the boycott and who gets hurt.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident