The ‘811 Promise’ – Call Before You Dig
Posted October 8, 2012
The Common Ground Alliance is about digging safety – getting folks to call 811 before they did to prevent accidents with buried utilities, including gas lines. Right now the alliance is running a campaign urging Americans to “Make the 811 Promise” – a commitment to always call 811 before digging.
There’s a sweepstakes to help promote the campaign, “Race to South Beach,” with the winning prize being a trip to Miami for NASCAR’s Nov. 18 Ford EcoBoost 400 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Details here.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and five grandchildren.
- Federal Leasing Ban Pledge Hits a Nerve in New Mexico
- The Administration’s Misstep on Eastern Gulf, South Atlantic Offshore Policy
- Ban on New Federal Development Would Risk U.S. Security, Jobs, Environment
- Biden’s Pledge to Pennsylvania Energy Workers Not All It’s Cracked Up to Be
- Jobs, Tax Revenues Could Be Lost if Dakota Access Pipeline is Shut Down – Study
- Energy and Our Security
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter