The ‘811 Promise’ – Call Before You Dig
Posted October 8, 2012
The Common Ground Alliance is about digging safety – getting folks to call 811 before they did to prevent accidents with buried utilities, including gas lines. Right now the alliance is running a campaign urging Americans to “Make the 811 Promise” – a commitment to always call 811 before digging.
There’s a sweepstakes to help promote the campaign, “Race to South Beach,” with the winning prize being a trip to Miami for NASCAR’s Nov. 18 Ford EcoBoost 400 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Details here.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- U.S. Energy Production Up, Emissions Down
- Denver Post Editorial: No on Proposition 112
- U.S.-Canada-Mexico Agreement Supports U.S. Energy
- Reconsider a Bad Deal on the RFS
- Natural Gas and 'Clean Energy Week'
- No Laughing Matter: E15 Still Poses Risks for Motorcyclists