The ‘811 Promise’ – Call Before You Dig
Posted October 8, 2012
The Common Ground Alliance is about digging safety – getting folks to call 811 before they did to prevent accidents with buried utilities, including gas lines. Right now the alliance is running a campaign urging Americans to “Make the 811 Promise” – a commitment to always call 811 before digging.
There’s a sweepstakes to help promote the campaign, “Race to South Beach,” with the winning prize being a trip to Miami for NASCAR’s Nov. 18 Ford EcoBoost 400 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Details here.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Natural Gas, Climate Progress and the Workforce of the Future
- API 3D Printing Standard is First of Its Kind for Natural Gas and Oil Industry
- Energy Costs, Consumers and Increasing U.S. Production to Help Demand-Supply Mismatch
- Natural Gas and Oil – Today and Tomorrow
- U.S. Must Learn From Europe’s Energy Struggles, Not Repeat Them
- Front Burner: Foes of Natural Gas Focus on Stoves, Furnaces in New Buildings