Video: Industry’s ‘Downstream’ Keeps America on the Go
Posted April 11, 2013
Nice video below on the “downstream” folks of America’s oil and natural gas industry – the people who run refineries and deliver petroleum products across the U.S.:
As the video says, these highly trained workers are the heart of the oil and natural gas industry.
They work in refineries, which support 540,000 good-paying jobs and contribute $268 billion to U.S. GDP, making fuels that literally run our economy and make modern mobility an afterthought for most of us.
They produce the feed stocks for countless petroleum-based products – from chemicals and clothing to plastics and fertilizers – that make all our lives easier and healthier, every day.
They operate 170,000 miles of secure pipeline to transport products to each corner of the country.
They keep America moving.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Colonial Pipeline Attack Emphasizes Energy Infrastructure Needs
- Sommers: Industry Providing Leadership on America’s Key Challenges
- Responding to the Colonial Cyber Attack – and Industry’s Continuing Focus on Security
- IOSC 2021 – Working Together for Safety, Success, Sustainability
- Infrastructure Pivotal for Vital U.S.-Canada Energy Relationship
- World Bank: U.S. Leads in Global Flaring Reduction
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter