Williamsport: American Energy, Local Jobs
Posted July 31, 2013
In Williamsport, shale development is boosting the economy of Lycoming County and providing family sustaining jobs for local entrepreneurs:
Pennsylvanians who perhaps couldn’t find a job in the area before now have the opportunity to come home. Vince Matteo, CEO of the Williamsport Lycoming Chamber of Commerce:
“We estimate approximately 150 new companies are located and operating in Lycoming County that we can attribute directly to the natural gas development here. What you’ve seen is as the companies develop their business here they’ve turned to hiring local.”
Safe and responsible development of oil and natural gas with hydraulic fracturing means more American energy and more American jobs.
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible