Energy Today – September 5, 2013
Posted September 5, 2013
How America’s Oil and Natural Gas Revolution is Helping Consumers and Workers
CNN Money (Daniel Yergin): The rapid rise in shale gas and tight oil in the United States constitutes nothing less than a revolution in oil and natural gas. No longer can there be any doubt about the dramatic change in America's energy position. U.S. oil production is up 50% since 2008, when we were supposedly slated to run out of oil. Natural gas production has increased by 33% since 2005, and shale gas alone now constitutes about 45% of total natural gas production.
This revolution is not just about energy production; it's an economic story along several dimensions, whether measured in consumers' pocketbooks, jobs, U.S. manufacturing output, or America's increased competitiveness in the world economy. This has occurred amid a half-decade of deep recession and high unemployment. Indeed, without the boost from the unconventional oil and gas development, the U.S. economic picture would have looked even worse over the last few years.
Read more: http://bit.ly/15ClGse
More industry news:
- Column: Keystone Pipeline Mysteries: http://usat.ly/18GaDJE
- Editorial: American Energy Booming Despite Obama’s Policies: http://bit.ly/1fCzqBS
- Oil, Natural Gas Collections Boost Okla. Revenue: http://yhoo.it/14uNkkN
- Behold the Bounty that Shale Oil and Natural Gas have Wrought: http://onforb.es/162C96q
- Texas Oil production Represents 30 Percent of Total U.S. Output: http://bit.ly/14nE2fC
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible