The Reality of America’s Oil and Natural Gas Surge
Posted October 11, 2013
Analysis: Lawsuits Likely as EPA Declares U.S. Ethanol Blend Wall a ‘Reality’
Reuters: With two words, the U.S. environment regulator may be handing oil refiners the biggest win of a long battle to beat back the seemingly inexorable rise of ethanol fuel.
In a leaked proposal that would significantly scale back biofuel blending requirements next year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says the blend wall - the 10 percent threshold of ethanol-mixed gasoline that is at the crux of the lobbying war - is an "important reality".
The agency's rationale for a cut in the volume of ethanol that must be blended echoes an argument the oil industry has been making for months: the U.S. fuel chain cannot absorb more ethanol.
Read more: http://reut.rs/1hIy6OU
More industry news:
- Study: Ethanol Not a Major Factor in Reducing Gasoline Prices: http://bit.ly/19D5aJg
- America’s Energy Boom is Crippling the Competition: http://bit.ly/1c9fd7d
- U.S. Natural Gas Exports Would be a Global Boon, Foreign Energy Leaders Say: http://bit.ly/16VsIsQ
- A Chemistry Breakthrough That Could Fuel a Revolution: http://on.wsj.com/19FmQnr
- Texas On Track to Be Among World’s Largest Oil Producers: http://bit.ly/1856wtU
- Another Energy Milestone: U.S. Exports of Petroleum Products Have Tripled Since 2006 to a New Record High in July: http://bit.ly/1fmRjc8
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible