A Deep Dive on Fracking Facts
Posted November 15, 2013
Take a look at the trailer for “Down Deep,” a new film on hydraulic fracturing that’s scheduled to debut next week:
The full 26-minute film commissioned by WPX Energy is part of an effort to increase energy literacy on the advanced technologies involved in fracking and horizontal drilling that created the U.S. shale energy revolution.
Because of America’s vast shale reserves there are opportunities for America to become more energy self-sufficient and more secure and prosperous in an energy-dependent world. Natural gas and oil from shale, safely and responsibly developed, play a large role in making our environment hospitable while powering modern ways of living.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Our Essential Energy Relationship With Canada Underscored by New Study
- 'A Turning Point in the National Climate Debate'
- Positioned for Climate Action
- New Mexico's Leasing Concerns Should Concern Us All
- The Common Ground of Emissions Reduction
- CERAWeek: Sommers Talks Cooperation, Jobs and Energy Security
- hydraulic fracturing
- safe operations
- natural gas fracking
- oil and natural gas extraction
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter