Video: Energy is the ‘Strength of America’
Posted May 21, 2014
In Ohio, they’re seeing the benefits of oil and natural gas development with advanced hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling. This “unconventional” activity generated more than $910 million in state and local taxes in 2012 – a number that should grow as development accelerates in the Utica shale that sweeps across the eastern part of the state.
In the video below, residents of Carroll County, located just southeast of Canton, talk about oil and natural gas benefits where they live:
Great point made on the video by Norman Aguredakes, owner of Straight A’s Supply:
“The strength of America has always been our natural resources. Utilizing those resources is what grew America.”People in Ohio, neighboring Pennsylvania, Texas, North Dakota and other states are seeing this play out as energy development creates jobs, stands up new businesses while growing others and provides economic boost locally and beyond. Thanks to safe and responsible fracking, American energy is working for Americans.
Learn more at Energy From Shale.org.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Natural Gas, Climate Progress and the Workforce of the Future
- API 3D Printing Standard is First of Its Kind for Natural Gas and Oil Industry
- Energy Costs, Consumers and Increasing U.S. Production to Help Demand-Supply Mismatch
- Natural Gas and Oil – Today and Tomorrow
- U.S. Must Learn From Europe’s Energy Struggles, Not Repeat Them
- Front Burner: Foes of Natural Gas Focus on Stoves, Furnaces in New Buildings