Energy Investments That Produce for America
Posted December 3, 2014
Chevron Begins Oil Production at Jack, St. Malo Fields in Gulf
New Orleans Times-Picayune: After more than a decade of work and a $7.5 billion investment, Chevron has started oil and gas production at its Jack and St. Malo fields in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. The fields are among the largest in the region, expected to produce more than 500 million barrels of oil equivalent over the next three decades.
The Jack and St. Malo fields, discovered in 2003 and 2004 respectively, are located 25 miles apart in the Walker Ridge region of the Gulf about 280 miles south of New Orleans.
Oil and gas from the fields will flow back to a single, floating production platform located between the two fields. The platform has the capacity to produce up to 170,000 barrels of oil and 42 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1w26Pnp
More industry news:
- Report: Methane Emissions Decline in Top Oil and Gas Basins: http://bit.ly/1wrYHw4
- Energy Brings in $13.4 Billion in Federal Revenue: http://washex.am/1w26BNh
- Opinion: U.S. Should Explore Arctic for Energy Resources: http://bit.ly/1yfFJth
- Northeast Gas Pipelines Turn Two-Way as Region Becomes Major Producer: http://bit.ly/1BdF7FJ
- Opinion: We Are Never Going to Run Out of Oil: http://bit.ly/1vLS9GY
- Marcellus Shale Gas Boom Means More … Mulch? http://bit.ly/1I0cmOC
CHART: Just out from EIA -- for the 4th straight week, daily US oil production topped 9 million barrels last week. pic.twitter.com/KWRCEhwQ3Z— Mark J. Perry (@Mark_J_Perry) December 3, 2014
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Mr. Putin’s Energy Bet
- The Energy Infrastructure Opportunity
- Summer Driving Season – Questions and Answers
- Co-Fueling Power Plants With Natural Gas Can Rapidly Cut GHG Emissions
- U.S. Consumers Need Balance, Choice in Transportation Policy
- Colonial Pipeline Attack Emphasizes Energy Infrastructure Needs
- offshore oil production
- gulf of mexico
- methane emissions
- federal revenues
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter