No More Excuses on Keystone XL, and More
Posted January 9, 2015
Key Court Approves Keystone’s Route Through Nebraska
The Hill: The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday struck down a lower court's challenge to the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, handing a key victory to proponents of the project.
The decision overturns a lower court's ruling that had sided with landowners challenging Keystone's path through Nebraska. The lower court said a 2012 law that allowed Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman (R) to greenlight the route was against the state's constitution.
By striking down the decision, the Nebraska Supreme Court removes President Obama's core argument for threatening to veto legislation approving the project.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1tTP6yh
More Keystone XL coverage:
- Blog: President Has One Less Excuse to Approve the Keystone XL Pipeline: http://uscham.com/1Iz9ndm
- Nebraska Ruling Upholds Keystone XL Route: http://bit.ly/1x5b0Ji
- House Approves Keystone XL: http://bit.ly/14DQXfc
Court Ruling, House Vote Pressure Obama to Act on Keystone: http://on.wsj.com/1yLC46V
More industry news:
The American Oil Trade Deficit Has Never Been Lower: http://buswk.co/1wZVyhr
CU-Leeds Study: Colorado Could Lose 1,000s of Jobs, Billions with 2,000-Foot Oil and Natural Gas Setback: http://bit.ly/1w6asma
Opinion: Environmentalists are Wrong About Port Ambrose LNG: http://bit.ly/1DGF9EC
The Oil Industry Still Managed to Add Jobs in December: http://on.mktw.net/1tTz5Iw
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible