Safe Energy, Safe Environment
Posted January 21, 2015
In a new API television ad, energy industry geologist Barbara Pickup calls the forest trails of Colorado her “streets” and the towering trees “my skyscrapers.” The Dillon, Colo., resident says she is for protecting the environment – but also for safe energy development, noting that hydraulic fracturing has been around for 65 years:
“Fracking will help secure America’s energy future, and I want to make sure we’re protecting the land and water, too. There has to be a balance.”
See the ad:
For more information, go to Energy From Shale.org.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity