Safe Energy, Safe Environment
Posted January 21, 2015
In a new API television ad, energy industry geologist Barbara Pickup calls the forest trails of Colorado her “streets” and the towering trees “my skyscrapers.” The Dillon, Colo., resident says she is for protecting the environment – but also for safe energy development, noting that hydraulic fracturing has been around for 65 years:
“Fracking will help secure America’s energy future, and I want to make sure we’re protecting the land and water, too. There has to be a balance.”
See the ad:
For more information, go to Energy From Shale.org.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- On Climate, Industry is Focused on Meaningful Actions and Results
- Europe, California and Natural Gas’ Role in Future Energy Mix
- The Environmental Partnership's Arc of Progress
- Digging Into the Administration's Lease Sale Announcement
- Updated Cybersecurity Standard Helps Protect Infrastructure
- Afghanistan, Uncertainty and Ensuring U.S. Energy Security