Video: Fracking and Colorado
Posted March 19, 2015
In the video below, Pickup talks about her love for the outdoors and environmental roots – and how they’re compatible with safe, responsible energy development using advanced hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling. Take a look:
Fracking is time-tested yet the technologies are continuing to improve. And, as Pickup says, it’s highly regulated:
“We’ve been hydraulic fracturing safely in this country for over 65 years. That’s a long time, to perfect processes, and the regulations on it have only become more strict over time. So not only have we gotten better at it, but it is incredibly regulated.”
Energy development and environmental protection – in everyone’s interest.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Infrastructure Pivotal for Vital U.S.-Canada Energy Relationship
- World Bank: U.S. Leads in Global Flaring Reduction
- Using CCUS and Other Technologies to Reduce GHG Emissions
- Poll: U.S. Voters Recognize Future Role of Natural Gas and Oil
- U.S. Continues to Lower GHG Emissions – EPA Report
- Providing Leadership on Climate Reporting
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter