API Monogram & APIQR: Apply, Renew, Modify
For assistance on using the portal, contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-562-5187
Apply for API Monogram Licenses & APIQR Certificates of Registration
You can apply for an API Monogram License or an APIQR Certificate of registration on the myCerts online portal.
Further information about program requirements can be found in the API Monogram Licensing Program Requirements and APIQR Registration Program Requirements documents, including prerequisites for applying to the programs.
You can find out which products are eligible for the Monogram program by browsing Monogram Licenses & Licensing Information Forms.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by an API Associate. During that process you may receive follow-up questions that need to be resolved within 1 year of the date of submission, or the application will be withdrawn. After your application is accepted, an initial audit will be scheduled to confirm that your organization meets all of the requirements of the License or Registration for which you are applying.
Renew API Monogram Licenses & APIQR Certificates of Registration
API Monogram Licenses and APIQR Certificates of Registration require a Renewal Application every three (3) years. Applications must be completed on the myCerts online portal and can be submitted 9 months before your expiration date. API encourages organizations to submit early to allow enough time for the application review, audit and audit review, which typically take 4 to 6 months.
Make Changes to an Existing Monogram License
Products for existing Monogram Licenses can be added, removed or changed in your online Renewal application in myCerts.
When requesting a change to the scope of a license between Renewal applications, please fill out the API Monogram/APIQR contact form. Please include the following information:
- Your facility name and ID
- The Monogram License that you want to amend.
- A Licensing Information Form for each license being amended. These forms provide the specific products that can be licensed for each Monogram specification/standard and will help your organization determine the best scope for your API Monogram License.
Adding Products to Your Monogram License
An on-site audit may be required prior to the addition of a product to ensure that your facility meets the requirements of the product specification/standard. Please indicate in your email if you would like to have a change audit right away, or if you prefer to wait until your next regularly scheduled audit.
API does not charge to add products to an existing license. However, if API determines that an audit is necessary to add the product to your license, your organization will be responsible for any auditing costs.
Apply for an Alternative API Monogram Marking Agreement
If you are applying for an Alternative API Monogram Marking Agreement (AMA) as part of a new license application, you can complete the application online in myCerts.
To add an AMA to an existing eligible Monogram License, please complete the Alternative Marking Program Requirements and License Agreement and fill out the API Monogram/APIQR contact form.
For more information about whether an AMA is applicable to your organization, please contact a Worldwide Representative.
Request a Name or Location Change
For facility name change and location change requests, please select Certification Inquiries through the API Monogram/APIQR Form and upload the following required completed forms:
- API Monogram/APIQR Facility Name / Location Change Request Form (Required for all name and location changes)
- API Monogram Licensing Program Requirements (Monogram Licensees)
- APIQR Registration Program Requirements (APIQR Registered Organizations)
For Name Change requests only: Provide an official document in the English language that reflects the legal name of your organization/company.
API Payment Policy
- Applications will not be processed until payment is received and applied.
- All payments need to be made in United States currency and checks drawn from a U.S. bank. Applicants are responsible for all taxes, banking and other service fees, including all applicable withholding taxes.
- Please include invoice number with all payments
- Mail checks to: API, P.O. Box 1425, Merrifield, VA 22116-1425 USA
- Send checks by courier services to: API, Attn: Financial Operations Department, 200 Massachusetts Ave NW Suite 1100 Washington, D.C. 20001-5571 USA
- When paying by electronic/wire transfer:
- Applicants are responsible for all electronic transfer and banking fees.
- Add a $50.00 USD handling fee for electronic payments not drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Reference the invoice number found in your online application.
- Send funds to: TD Bank, 1919 Gallows Rd Vienna, VA 22182 USA / ABA Routing # 054001725 (ACH) / ABA Routing # 031101266 (Wire) Credit to American Petroleum Institute, Account # 4251303172, SWIFT: NRTHUS33
Advisory #10: Invoicing and Payment Terms for API Invoices, dated December 15, 2019.