Job Safety Check List
Workers must make safety a part of each and every task. This list provides 10 actions a worker should take when arriving at a new worksite.
Download/Print Rules to Live By Booklet
When Arriving at a new worksite:
- Obtain a site orientation.
- Ask the operator what the hazards are at the site.
- Understand which safety policies and procedures will govern.
- Make sure you are trained in the tasks you are to perform prior to reaching the jobsite.
- Identify any new employees who you will be working with.
- Sign the visitor log at the jobsite, if available.
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis for the work to be done.
- Know how to report unsafe conditions or incidents, and recogize your authority to STOP WORK.
- Make sure you are aware of emergency reporting, evacuation and response procedures.
- Identify the nearest location to receive medical aid.